Fiesta Especial Royalty Program Requirements
Royalty Program Admission Process
Candidate Agreement Information
1. All individuals, ages seven (7) and up, with a physical, developmental or sensory disability are eligible for participation in the Fiesta Especial® Royal Court program.
2. The Royal Court program consists of a Campaign Session (September 2nd – December 15th) and Appearance Session (February 4th – April 30th). Participants are expected to participate in both sessions.
3. Twelve (12) Individuals, ages fourteen (14) and up, who raise the most votes (dollars) during the Campaign Session will be offered a position in the advance Royal Court program during the Appearance Session serving in one of the following positions: King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Duke, Duchess, Count (x2), Countess (x2), Page (x2). All other program participants will continue at the basic level of the program during the Appearance Session.
4. The Campaign Session will kick-off on Saturday, September 10th with a Campaign Workshop.
5. During the Campaign Session, program participants will campaign for votes. Votes are $1.00 each. All funds raised through the program participant’s campaign will go toward programs and services benefiting individuals with disabilities. All votes are eligible for a tax deduction.
a. 60% of the funds raised by each participant will be retained by Fiesta Especial® by RMI programs to cover the costs of the Celebration Day program...an educational experience for special education and adult day programs during the week of Fiesta®. This program is offered to students and adults with disabilities free of charge to them, their families or their schools/programs.
b. 40% of the funds raised by each participant, minus processing fees, will go to an approved nonprofit organization of the participant’s choosing that serves individuals with disabilities within the San Antonio area. A benefiting organization must agree to the terms of receiving funds from a program participant’s campaign before they can be designated at the beneficiary.
6. All program participants will be assigned a GoFundMe.com page to assist in their campaigns. All campaign events will be promoted via Fiesta Especial® social media (ie. Supporter Nights at Restaurants, Dances, Shop4ACause, etc.).
7. Program participants will be eligible for incentives as they achieve the following milestones in their campaigns:
a. $150 - Minimum requirement must be met. Official sash, crown (females) and 10 Fiesta Especial medals.
b. $250 – Participants will receive five (5) complimentary “I Voted” Fiesta Especial® by RMI pins to distributed to campaign donors.
c. $500 – Participants will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to the coronation.
d. $1,000 – Participants will receive one (1) complimentary Fiesta Especial® T-Shirt.
e. $2,500 – Participants will receive 5 additional official Fiesta Especial® Medals to give out or exchange during the Appearance Session.
f. $2,500 – Participants will receive one (1) Fiesta® medal of their choice selected from the Fiesta® San Antonio store (once medals become available in the Fiesta® Store).
g. $5,000 – Participants will receive an embroidered medal carrying bag
h. $7,500 – Participants will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to the Miss Fiesta® San Antonio selection event and reception.
i. $10,000 - Participants will receive a spotlight appearance (first come, first serve)
I. Exclusive Interview with a media source (TBD by Fiesta Especial®)
II. Introduction of the Emcee at the Meet & Greet
III. Announce the start of the Shoebox Parade at Celebration Day
IV. Announce the start of the 5K Race and sound the “bell”
8. All funds raised through each participant’s campaign will be submitted no later than Thursday, December 15th at 5:00pm to the RMI offices located at 6336 Montgomery Drive, 78239. Checks should be made payable to Fiesta Especial®. Cash, Checks and Money Orders are accepted by the office. All credit card contributions should be made through the participant’s GoFundMe.com account.
9. Once a participant begins to raise funds for his/her campaign, all monies must be submitted to Fiesta Especial® and no monies will be returned if participant decides to withdraw from the program.
10. A wide variety of methods for collecting votes are permitted. For example: Placing jars/cans in offices, Eat-4-A-Cause, Shop-4-A-Cause, Dances, Face-to-Face, Door Prize Drawings, etc.
11. The Appearance Sessions kicks-off with a workshop on Saturday, February 4th, 2016. Caregivers/Guardians/Attendants are expected to attend a Fiesta Especial® Orientation at the same time. Program participant appearance materials will be distributed at this time. (ie. official medals, pins, incentives, etc.)
12. Program participants must agree to participate in the following appearances:
a. All Levels: Coronation, Family FIESTAval, Fiesta Especial® Parade, 1 Visitation Day
b. Advanced Level Only: 1 Media Appearance
13. Fiesta Especial® by RMI will provide sashes and crowns for the program participants at Coronation. Fiesta Especial® will also provide the admission fees for each attending program participant and their required guardian at each appearance. Please note under the “Special Needs” Additional admissions for inessential/voluntary caregiver/parents/guardians are not included and are the responsibility of the family or additional guest.
14. Appearances will be scheduled and communicated through SignUpGenius.com. Access to the internet is the responsibility of the court member and his/her supports. Notifications of appearances are sent via email or text.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 2nd, 2016
Deadline for Enrollment
Saturday, September 10th, 2016
Royal Court Campaign Workshop
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Deadline for Benefiting Agency Agreements
Friday, November 4th, 2016
Mid-campaign Reports Due
Thursday, December 15th, 2016
Deadline for Court Campaign Submissions
Friday, January 13th, 2017
Deadline for Early Enrollment in 2017-2018 program
Saturday, February 4th, 2017
Family Orientation & Court Member Workshop
February TBD, 2017
Royal Court Coronation
Friday, March 10th, 2017
Royal Court Visitation Day
Friday, March 24th, 2017
Royal Court Visitation Day
Saturday, April, TBD, 2017
Fiesta Especial® Family FIESTAval …a Meet & Greet for the Royal Court
Saturday, April, 22, 2017
Fiesta Especial® Royalty Run 5K & Parade
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 (tentative)
Fiesta Especial® Celebration Day